My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


My top two favorite DINNER RECIPES I'm going to share with you!!!

 
#1) My Grandma's English Cheesy Meat Loaf Log

 

 
Now let me preface this with saying: If you are not a meatloaf lover you should try this anyway! It is amazing even if you don't like meatloaf... I promise!

 
  • 2 lbs Ground Sirloin (90%-10%)
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs ( I like homemade but the store bought will do as long as they aren't flavored )
  • 1 package Beefy Lipton Onion powdered soup mix
  • Salt, pepper to taste
  • 1 package finely shredded marble jack cheese
 
Mix everything EXCEPT CHEESE together in a large mixing bowl

 
Lay out large piece of wax paper and spread out the meat loaf on the wax paper about one inch thick and as wide as your loaf pan ( about 9 in wide )

 
cover with shredded cheese and roll up like a cinnamon roll
tap and form so that it all comes together in a nice neat log

 
Place in the bottom of a glass 9x11 dish

surround the loaf with pealed
thinly wedged potatoes, sea salt and pepper seasoned

 
Cover with foil

 
Bake @ 400 for 1 hour
Uncover, bake 20 extra minutes depending on your oven 

 
let stand for 15 min prior to slicing, serve with tangy red sauce (see below)

 

 
Tangy Red Sauce - Ketchup and Worcestershire mixed together ( I don't have a measurement on this, its just to your preference and taste)

 
FYI - my Grandma use to make several of these at once and even make them into mini rolls and freeze them for future dinners, pop them in the oven at a higher temp (I have no idea what temp) and cook them a little longer (I have not idea how long)... they were actually better from the frozen logs she cooked! I'm sorry I don't know the temp or cook time... my family is large and we never have any leftovers!!! :-)

 
Love Love Love with a 2010 Joel Gott 815 Cabernet Sauvignon  which according to their web site has aromas of plum, raspberry and cherry cola with hints of anise, cocoa, leather and dried herbs. Bright acidity on the front of the palate leads to a complex mid-palate and soft tannins on the finish!

 

 
#2) Crisp Mixed Green Asian Salad

  • Mixed Greens
  • Green Onions (finely chopped)
  • Cucumbers (chopped)
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • Artichoke Hearts (canned in water and drained)
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Roasted Sunflower Seeds
  • Crisp Green Apple (thin wedges)

Now for the best part of the whole salad!!!!

Dressing
In a small/medium bowl
Extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup
Apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup
Roasted sesame seed oil 1 Tbls
Green wasabi horse radish 1 Tbls
Garlic powder 1 tsp
Onion powder 1 tsp
Powdered Ginger 1 Tbls
Salt Pepper to taste

Whisk it all together and pour over the salad then add 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan Cheese!!!


Try this with a great white wine... Try the new kid on the block!!! Tree-Free Yellow Tail Chardonnay, it has a lighter, more crisp flavor profile than the traditional yellow tail Chardonnay, with hints of citrus and grapefruit and light melon flavors.




FYI... this salad started with my friend Lil' Chels and has since evolved in my house to my own slightly different mix... but it all started back in the day... Muahhhh :-X






Loves,

Amazing in the kitchen :-)

No comments: