My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


My Thursday Thoughtful Spot...


JENKS LADY TROJANS TAKE STATE!!

I am thoughtful of my little girl today... I am a proud Momma and I couldn't ask for more...
 
Wenie was honored to suit up for Varsity Slow pitch Softball with her school team in the last 2 weeks of the season. She has worked so hard this year as a Freshman and has really overcome some big obstacles.

She has maintained a 4.0 GPA with advanced classes and she has played both seasons of softball fast pitch and slow pitch. 
The Franchise

She made the Freshman Basketball team at the beginning of the year and then two weeks into the season she went to Wilkie and said "I want to quit and focus on softball 100% but I'm scared to ask Mom if I can quit" ... Yeah, smart girl to go to the Dad first, he is the softy, I am the meanie...  isn't that obvious?  LOL   So, of course he said "talk to your Mom" and then he told me the scoop(that's what parents do)      I told her she had to make a appointment with the head coach (not the freshman team coach) and explain to her what was going through her head, but also explain that she was willing to follow through with her commitment and finish out the season! If the coach needed her.   So the next day I got a text during school saying "What do I say?"... of course she did fine and the coach told her she was very impressed and said she didn't had adult conversations like this with her follow coaches much less a freshman. Coach told her that she had to go home and sleep on it, talk with her parents and come back tomorrow and quit. I thought that was a great answer and Wenie took it well... She did quit...  


Bedlam

Wenie didn't make her competitive team when she tried out this year. This was probably one of the toughest things I've ever seen her go through in her sports life. Her team was Bedlam and the group of girls she played with were all older than her so they moved up to 16u. A new team was formed for the 14u and she had to go to a tryout. All of her BFF's were there and they all made the team except her. She was heartbroken and cried (she doesn't normally cry unless she's angry-kinda like her Momma)... So off we went to start the process of trying out for teams who where holding open tryouts... after a few open tryouts, she tried out for a team that was going to be a new 14u team formed with in a 18u gold organization... She has taken somewhat of a leadership role on this team because she is one of the oldest girls... it has been amazing for her confidence and also her leadership abilities... She is no longer a wall flower but now she has a mouth... She all of a sudden has a voice!!! It has been a difficult transition but she has overcome the resentment of not making a team she worked so hard on and instead has turned it around and worked harder... She hit her first ever Home Run Grand Slam in school ball ... She has been thrown into a new position she has never played - Catcher - and she has done a great job...  It has all paid off... Good job sister!!
Again I say... Momma is proud!

She also went through her very first broken heart... she landed on her feet pulled herself up and instead of crying curled up on a ball for days ( like I would have done ) She got up, put on her makeup, fixed her pretty curls and went to school and softball... She is still going through the ups and downs of a relationship and learning how to Live Love & Laugh... but I am very proud of how she stood her ground, found her voice and put on her big girl panties!!!
He is a sweet boy and they are both great kids....
"Tanifer"

She worked hard, struggled through it, learned from it all and has ended this Freshman year on a pitch perfect note !!!

Congratulations Baby Girl!!! I am soooo proud of you!!!
My little Franchise!!

Loves,
Mom

No comments: