My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


Happy Birthday Wilkie

Yesterday was my husband’s Birthday…  So I thought I would blog about him… he loves it when I blog (NOT) so this is in his honor!  Love you sweetie!!
I am going to tell the story of how we met!

So a little history about me before I tell you about the moment of bliss when I laid eyes on The Wilkie! It was in the fall shortly after Sept 11th, I had lost my job at Williams Co. and was on unemployment for the first time in my life… My Grandfather passed away sometime in October from cancer and I was devastated… he was the only man in my life that had ever been a constant! I also thought I was getting a inheritance that upon last check was worth a bunch but come to find out he had left it all to his new wife who he had married 6 weeks before he died… AND I had decided to move back in with my Mom to save money… Life was GREAT! Not!!! SO…
It was a Thursday night and I had been in my jammies all day, not showered when my Mom called. See at the time my Mom was single and a little on the wild and crazy side… She says “Ronnie Lynn lets go out tonight! I think you are depressed and you need to get all dolled up and feel good about yourself and go out with me!” Ummmm… Yeahhhh… NO!  I had no intention of going anywhere much less someplace that required me to put on makeup and I didn’t have any money to be spending on drinks so I was out!  2 hours later she was picking me up and we were headed to the Scaryvan (Caravan- large dance floor, country music blaring, free beer for the ladies, cowboys asking girls to dance- you know the place) where I had sworn we would be leaving at 11 as soon as free beer was over and I would be home and in bed by 11:30 at the latest!
Now you know how at these types of dance places you watch all the people on the dance floor as they twirl past you… that’s what we did. We sat on some barstools on the side of the dance floor and we both noticed this one guy who was an amazing dancer. He was flipping girls and spinning them all over the place… So my Mom says “Hey isn’t that guy dancing that Dave guy?” I thought she was talking about some dude she had gone out on a date with… I said “I don’t know, do you want me to ask him?” and she said yes… by this point the dancing dude had sat down on the stage right in front of us so I walked around and said “Hi, is your name Dave?” and he said… “It is Dave if you want it to be!” … I rolled my eyes and started to walk off… He grabbed my hand and said “I’m just kidding, come sit down and tell me about you“OK!!! So remember my recent life drama… yeahhhh… probably not the most appealing “tale of me” … where did I work? Oh wait!! Didn’t have a job… Where did I live? Ummm … in a condo but I was getting ready to move in with my Mother!!! Oh and I’m 25, I’ve been married, divorced and a single Mom…I have a 5 year old daughter…  Then he tells me about him!! He pulls out his business card out of his wallet and hands it to me and says “I sell toilet paper for a living, my name is Steve, I’m 33, divorced and I have 2 kids, my daughter turned 7 yesterday ( it was Nov 8th )and my son is 4… At this point I said “Nice to meet you” and I quickly got up and walked back over to my Mom who was intently watching and trying to listen ( as in hand cupped around ear leaning forward ) I informed her that his name was not Dave and that I was fairly certain he was Gay! I told her that guys that are that cute and charming, dressed in slacks polo shirts and dress shoes at the Scaryvan & could dance like that were 100% gay! 
Shortly after this it was 11 o’clock and I insisted on leaving. As I was walking to the door I felt someone grab my arm and I swung around ready to fight… it was Steve! He said “Hey, can I take you to lunch?” I immediately responded “No, I don’t date guys I meet in bars” He asked me “Where do you grocery shop?” I looked at him perplexed and said… “Albertsons… why?”  He quickly responded…  “I want you to know that I wish I had met you in a grocery store” Just as quickly I spat back… “Really? Well now you know where I shop so maybe I’ll see you there sometime” and I turned around and walked off…
So the next day I had a job interview that went horribly wrong, I left crying… my Mom had called at least 3 times to tell me she thought I should call that gay guy I had met last night, and so I did! I gave in… what the heck… this can’t get any worse right??? 
I called his office and left a message “Hey, If you know my name and still want to do lunch I’m in.”  He called back in 3.2 seconds … “Hi Ronnie… where are we having lunch?” I was in shock…
I met him for lunch at the Brook …

I will stop this story now because the date and the next 3 days are a story for another day and another blog.
So now on this Happy Birthday Blog to my husband known to most as Wilkie… I say Happy Birthday and I am so glad you weren’t gay dear…
Love you…
Signed,
Mrs Wilkie

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Okay.....I'm dying to hear the next blog.....let's keep this tale coming soon! :)