My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


Monday Morning Coffee...

So my new idea for Monday morning posts is what I do on Mondays! I stand in the kitchen at the office making our coffee and chatting with co-workers about the weekend and what everyone did... I usually have some crazy story to tell about my children because that is what my weekends usually consist of... Here is the first of a Monday Morning Coffee...

This weekend was a learning experience for me to say the least... My daughter plays competitive softball on a traveling team and has played since she was 9 years old. I have always bought all her softball gear for her, and usually I didn't even take her with me when I would buy it all... It was easy! If it says Finch (Jenny Finch) on it and it was Pink it was perfect, and then when she hit that age where pink wasn't popular, it was anything zebra print and under armor... I have always been the Mom that shops off brands and buys off the sale racks... she NEVER cared...




So... this weekend after church, my wonderful hubby decides it’s going to be a good idea to go to Academy and get all of the Lil' Man's baseball gear! I'm thrilled to have help in this purchase since I usually do this kind of shopping alone... WRONG!!!

After 2 hours of crying and gnashing of teeth... and $200 later! We have all kinds of baseball gear... Except for... The Helmet, the Uniform & the Bat... REALLY!!! What exactly did we buy you ask??? Let me show you!!!

  • We have socks - Dad wanted solid royal blue, Lil' Man wanted white with a blue stripe
  • We have Cleats - Lil Man says size 2 doesn't fit, so Mom says get a size 3, Dad says they are to lose so we drag everyone to the other Academy where they have a 2.5...
  • We have pants - Dad wants long pants, Lil Man wants short ones (to the knee) Mom kicks Dad out of the dressing room and hugs Lil' Man till he stops sobbing and we buy the short ones for practice and the long ones for games... dad and Lil Man pinkie swear on this compromise
  • We have long sleeve under shirt - Dad says Under Armor ( $39.99 ) Mom says heck NO we are buying the off brand for $12.99
  • We have a cup - Dad says the banana style and Lil Man and Mom walk away from this fight - Dad knows his stuff on this one since he was a baseball player and we know that the whole cup thing at the age of 7 is stupid and Mom won’t make him wear it anyways
  • We have a Wooden Bat - Why? Cause Lil Man wanted it and Dad said yes... The real bat is yet to be purchased and I'm pretty certain that will be a one man show, I'm staying out of that purchase and Lil Man won’t be allowed to go... much less drama.
  • We have a Bag - Dad says the backpack bag ($39.99), Lil Man wants the rolling bag ($44.99), Mom wins on this fight and we get the Nike plain bag that is $16.99...
We have a Belt and a Practice shirt because it’s just two more things we will lose before this baseball season is over I guarantee this!

  • Wilkie (Dad) has a headache
  • Mom has a wine craving
  • Lil Man has a meltdown

YEAHHHHHH... We are ready for the 2011 Baseball Season!!!

Signed,

Baseball & Wine Mom

5 comments:

Lyndse said...

OMG...that is hilarious...but you have to love baseball players,right?!

Unknown said...

OMG! ROFLMAO I love it!!!!!! freakin hillllllaaarious.

Unknown said...

I hate /love those precious times

Tiffany said...

Seriously hilarious! And the picture at the bottom is just priceless!

Unknown said...

That's why The Creator gave me girls! HA! Praise Yahuwah!