My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


Is life is too busy?

So after this weekend I have figured out that I am busy even when I’m not busy!!! Here is how my weekend went….
So I got ready to leave work Friday and help deliver a catering before I go home… it was snowing outside and I had all my crap in my hands walking to the car…… Whoops! I slipped and fell in the parking lot! Ok… let me say something here… I don’t know if its age (old) or if it’s the weight (fat) that makes this such a horrible thing…  I know it’s kind of funny and I’m sure the visual is fantastic right now as you LOL but Damn it hurt! My elbow is black and blue and so is my hip… My work cell phone took a nice little sled ride across the parking lot… I was a mess!

<><>
<>
<><>
Cabin Fever!!!!
So Friday by about 1 o'clock I was at home in bed 800 mg down of Ibuprofen and sleeping… I slept for 4 hours! I woke up and ached from head to toe… So my husband had cabin fever really really bad by this point in the week since he had been snowed in with all of us since Wednesday and he insisted on doing something.
We went to Georges in Jenks… if you haven’t been there it is a fantastic little place downtown Jenks and it’s just a little local Irish pub… we ate dinner and had a few drinks.  I got an email saying Seth’s basketball game had been canceled for Saturday morning… shocker! Since the entire city of Tulsa has been shut down since Tuesday morning… Grrrrr… this city is absolutely ridiculous! So now my Saturday morning is clear! I promptly planned coffee with whatever girls thought they might be able to make it around 10 AM Saturday!
Saturday morning (dead to the world) my daughter came in and said “Mom get up, my phone is blowing up and your friends are at Starbucks waiting on you” Ummmmm… I jumped up and brushed my teeth and ran out the door! I met CoryJo, her Dad and My Lil Cuz for coffee and then on to I-Hop! Breakfast and then home… I was sicker than a dog… I felt like I was going to puke all day…
When I got home Steve said we needed to run some errands… OH!!! Almost forgot! My company phone has bit the dust at this point! Yes… I guess the sleigh ride across the parking lot at work didn’t feel well to the phone either! Its key pad doesn’t work! So I agreed to go run errands with Steve thinking I would stop at the AT&T store and get my phone fixed… After a excruciating hour at Target with every other person in Tulsa that had been stuck in their houses for 4 DAYS… we ventured down to Southern Ag for Dog food and then on to the AT&T store… Bad news there…  My phone is DRT (dead right there) !
We got home, made dinner and I went to the bedroom to moan groan and puke… I was sick all evening and I just laid in bed while my husband ran circles around me cleaning and doing laundry… he’s would make an AMAZING WIFE!
The Con Man - WOW 14 yrs old
I thought maybe I would check to make sure church was still on for Sunday… UMMMM, YEAHH… NO! Canceled… REALLY PEOPLE!!! It’s not that bad out there… so I watched the sermon on line… and went to bed… (BTW the sermon was about sex, I love our pastor!!)
Sunday morning, No church and Jenifer’s softball is CANCELED! So Steve says he want to take Connor to lunch for his birthday which was last week and totally missed because of the snow… So we went to Red Robin and had lunch after stopping at the bank and Reasors for a birthday card… I grabbed stuff for my homemade chili tonight at Reasors… After lunch we came home and cleaned house for a little while… the Superbowl ( BTW two thoughts on this event - Cristina Aguiliara was a disgrace because she screwed up the words of the National Anthem, and the halftime show was the Blackeyed Peas and they sounded horrible because their sound was all messed up - Ive seen them in person and they were amazing so I was very disappointed, as far a the actual football game, who cares... Steelers and Greenbay blahh) I worked on my work laptop…
So now here I sit telling you about my totally CANCELED weekend that was as busy as if I had a full calendar! How does that happen? I wonder if I would be busy if I went away to a cabin in the woods and didn’t make any plans... does busy just follow me???

Signed,
- The ever busy girl

No comments: