My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


What I'm Lovin' Wednesday...

I'm stealing this from a blog and from a friend of a friend... I am needing some direction in my blogging to keep me on track so I'm stealing ideas...
I am loving my little road trip today... I do some travel for work and I love it... I hate being away from my babies but I've never been a "in your bubble" kind of Mom and my fam all know that and I'm assuming they are okay with it... So back to what I'm loving today!
So I read a interesting article today... it said:

Doctor Wendy Magee, International Fellow in Music Therapy at London’s Institute of Neuropalliative Rehabilitation, describes music as a “mega-vitamin for the brain,” capable of influencing and improving motor function, communication and even cognition.

“When neural pathways are damaged for one particular function such as language, musical neural pathways are actually much more complex and much more widespread within the brain,” Magee told CNN. “Music seems to find re-routed paths and that is why it is such a useful tool in terms of helping people with different kinds of brain damage because it can help to find new pathways in terms of brain functioning.”



Music... I sing at the top of my lungs in the car when I'm driving... I love music and I love to sing... The best way I have found to listen to music in my office and in the car is Pandora - I have a few personal fav stations Ginny Owens, The Wreckers, and Lady Antebellum... So I am loving Music, singing and Pandora!

I'm also lovin' this beautiful "Flyover State"... A friend introduced me to a Jason Aldean song


 



"On the plains of Oklahoma
With a windshield sunset in your eyes
Like a watercolored painted sky
You'll think heavens doors have opened
You'll understand why God made
Those fly over states"


And it's given me a new perspective on the land that I'm driving by today...


I'm also loving the quiet time in the car, just me and my thoughts... Memories... I'm passing the place I spent most of my growing up years and I'm remembering driving way to fast down this same highway I'm on today, trying to make it home in time for curfew... I lived 30-45 minutes outside OKC way the heck out in the country. My Daddy was strict and I had a curfew of 10 o'clock on weekends... For a girl who is notoriously late I was pretty much on time for curfew... I knew better... Although I did manage to rack up about 10 speeding tickets by the time I was 18... But my big blue eyes worked well with that small town judge, I only ended up with 1 on my record...
So I'm loving this drive down memory lane today through this beautiful flyover state!

Signed,
-Me

No comments: