My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


My Thoughtful Spot Thursday

   So here are my thoughts about music... Today is playing in my soul... the sunshine makes me want to sing!!!

   I Love love love music... I will tell you a little bit about my background with music... I don't have a huge and expert musical pallet but I love it ALL...

   I was raised in a musical home, I took piano lessons had voice lessons and my Dad was and still is a great musician. Some of my fondest memories are all around music... I remember dancing in the living room with my Mom when I was a little girl with the lights out, candles lit and incense burning... I remember learning not to dance to wild because it would make the record skip and my Mom would give me "the look"... I remember listening to the old 45's on the juke box at the lake house on Grand Lake... we danced and sang and there was always music playing when we were swinging off the big deck in the tire swing... I remember my Mom telling people how amazing she thought I was because I knew every single word to every single song I ever heard... I'm sure she was a little biased... We sat around on Friday nights after sundown singing to my Dad's guitar, worship music celebrating the Sabbath... I sang special music in church, youth choir, competition choir, show choir, I sang at weddings... my own wedding, my best friends wedding... Music is, has and always will be a big part of my world... Oh... and I still sing in my car at the top of my lungs!!!
   So here is where things really changed... My parents were very very religious... to the point that they were the kind of people that believed in the whole "play the records backwards and it proved it was the devils music"... I watched my Dad throw my Amy Grant tape out the window driving down the road because it was inappropriate music... That makes me laugh now because it sounds soooo silly... But my Dad wrote music and recorded several albums and I spent many a night asleep in a pallet in the floor of the recording studio while an all night recording session took place... So even though I was sheltered from so many different types of music I still fell head over heals in love with it!!!
   I am one of those people that listens to the words in songs and it means something to me, or to my life... I love it! So as you listen to the music I have chosen on this blog, you have to know that every single song has real meaning to my life... I will tell you my favorite right now on the radio... American Honey by Lady Antebellum... the very first time I heard this song I called my Daddy and asked him to listen to the song and he called me back and said "Sister, that song is you..." It is totally 100% ME... 
   I grew up in the country, home schooled till 7th grade, going to church at least 3 times a week, running through the fields with the horses or cows or goats... I had a pet goat, chicken cat and dog... I grew up in a very strong home with grandparents that helped me see and travel world and parents that kept me grounded to my reality that life was innocent but hard work... My Dad made me do chores and mow the yard and change my own oil, my Grandfather (Bappy) gave me money to buy pretty dresses and took my on summer trips all over Europe to see the world... LOL... I didn't date till I was 16 ( I graduated at 17)... I use to cry to my Daddy that boys didn't like me and he would tell me "Ronnie Lynn, they love you they are just scared of you cause your beautiful and they don't think they have a chance" ... I hated it when he told me that... Now, I love it! The fact that I always knew my Daddy and my Bappy thought I was beautiful helped make me the woman I am today...

She grew up on the side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get going
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothings sweeter than summertime
And American honey

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothings sweeter than summertime
And American honey

Gone for so long now
I gotta get back to her somehow
To American honey


Signed,
American Honey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And little darlin You still are beautiful! Inside and out!
I am very proud of YOU.

Jenks Mom said...

Ahh...thank you! That was very sweet:)