My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


My Thursday Thoughtful Spot...

So on this sunny Thursday my thoughts are many... Ive thought about my kids and my hubs, Ive put thought into my job and my future with what I am doing, Ive thought about bad drivers and construction zones... Ive had thoughts about raising a child with ADD and how different it is than raising a child with a natural focus and drive... Ive thought about relationships and friendships... I don't really know what to write that might be of any interest to my readers and I have nothing...

So I will tell you about my morning yesterday... looking back it was HEEEELARIOUS... but at the time it was NOT...

So every morning Lil Man is a mess... he's a mess to wake up, he's a mess to get motivated to move... he's just a mess... So yesterday was a typical bear of a morning, I asked him if he had taken his medicine, he said "Yes Mom, I'm taking it right now"... So, off we go to Nana's house ( that's where I take him in the morning and she takes him to school for me )... I left the house first and locked the door and said "Seth, shut the door behind you" He yelled "yes Ma'am" and I said "Hurry!!" and walked out to the car... He got in the car and he had this huge basket with about 10 rocks in the bottom of it... Seriously?? See here's the deal... over spring break he went to the zoo with a buddy... we gave him about $15 bucks to spend at the zoo and he came home with $3 and a bag of rocks... OK whatever... hes a boy... I get it... So in the car I am asking why the huge basket? I mean the rocks came in this cool little draw string sack... OK... I'm telling myself... Move on Mom, Pick you battles and after this morning..this is NOT one of them.... We get about 2 miles away from the house and he is talking 99 mph... I look over at him and say "Did you really take you pill?" and he gets this deer in the headlights look... Grrrr... I slam on the brakes and turn around to go back... I'm giving him the "Mom talk about whats important in his life and how its NOT rocks for show and tell, but its his education and he is a much better student when he has his medication and Blahblahblah..." We pull up in front of the house and guess what! I can see all the way through the house because the front door is WIDE OPEN!! Geezzzz... I tell him to get the pill on the counter and the draw string sack for the rocks and come back to the car... RUN DUDE!!! He does... comes running out and doesn't shut the door behind him... LOL... At this point I am laughing out loud and texting my boss to tell her I will definitely be 10 minutes late...

 
About an hour later and two cups of coffee I'm at my desk and I get a email from my husband... strange, he usually texts me... "good morning honey"... I say good morning and he says "I left my cell phone at home today" REALLY!!! These two boys are TWO PEA'S IN A POD!!!

So my thoughts for this beautiful Thursday morning are this... Is there a Al anon Class somewhere that I can join to help me through living with people with ADD??? I need a book or something... they are hysterical and I love it... everyday is a new adventure and I am just a passenger on this crazy ride I call life!!!

Love my boys dearly... after that morning Wenie and I had a date night with out them... LOL... a few glasses of wine and girl talk and I am ready to jump back into a fun filled day with my favorite boys!!



Signed,

"Hi, my name is Ronnie and I am a Mother and Wife of a ADD family"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, and you would be lost without your crazy boys! Just even the crazy boy's out with Wenie time!

~Loud co worker

Jenks Mom said...

Oh believe me I do!!! That's why Wenie time is sooo imperative to my sanity... I love those dang boys though... love ya Loud co-worker... Thanks for listening to my rants!! Muahhh :-X