My Life Philosophy

Work like you don't need the money,

love like you've never been hurt &

dance like no one is watching!


Project 64~Week 11~Scarlet

First of all I love the name Scarlet... I don't know why, maybe because it sounds like a woman from the Bible who defied the rules and did things that were out of the box... I will have to go research the word Scarlet and figure out why it invokes that specific thought in my noodle... I'm sure there is something from my childhood that is bible school related to the word Scarlet... None the less this weeks color was a difficult one for me... I tried really hard to just run across the color and not go out seeking it like I usually do... I really didn't even think about it all week and just tried to let it happen... Nothing Happened!!! So I went on a mission to find the Color Scarlet and here is what I found...

Its Sunday afternoon and my daughter is practising softball (YES... after a 14 hour 7 game day yesterday she is practising and its voluntary, crazy dedicated girl) and my son it at a friends house playing and I decided to get a blanket out and lay in the sun and read. Ive been working on a book now for months... not because its not a great book but because I am so freaking busy I don't have time to read more than about 4 pages at a time... anywho...


So as I'm laying in the almost green grass soaking up the sun and reading my book I look down and low and behold I am sitting on a blanket that is truly Scarlet... Its the grass covered blanket that stays in my trunk and goes on picnics and to the ballpark for cold days and nap times for the Lil Man... its huge and warm and never clean... but its a staple in my world... and it's been around for years... my daughter lovingly calls it the big tomato when I'm all bundled up in it freezing watching her play softball...


Here is my take on the Scarlet Tomato!!



Go check out all the other entries on the Project 64 page for this fun color!!

Signed,
Scarlet
(I'm feeling a little frisky today!!! Watch Out!!!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The color was not what I expected either, and was a bit hard to find as well. You certainly had success! The blanket is a perfect match.

Kendall said...

Love it! I, too, love the name Scarlet! Thanks for sharing with P64.